Submission IRCOBI Europe
Please submit your abstracts and manuscripts using our online submission tool: https://conference.ircobi.org/. Note: when you have already submitted to IRCOBI previously, your login is still valid.
Full conference paper
To contribute to the IRCOBI conference there are two options: full conference papers and short communications. Note that for all contributions IRCOBI Council requires that papers offered for consideration have not been published elsewhere prior to presentation at the IRCOBI conference. Abstracts, papers and presentations must be in English.
The focus of IRCOBI is on the avoidance and reduction of the severity of traffic accidents, with special emphasis on advanced safety technologies and the biomechanics of injury. In addition, papers on sports, aviation and blast injury prevention are welcome. Accordingly, we are particularly interested in submissions in the following areas:
- accident and injury database analysis including crash reconstructions
- injury biomechanics including injury mechanisms, criteria and tissue mechanics (from cellular level to whole body)
- mechanical (crash dummies) and computational models of active and passive human body response to injury
- advanced accident avoidance technologies and assessment methods
- safety aspects of assisted and automated driving, including human factors
- advanced protection methods including adaptive systems for all car occupants (including children and elderly), vulnerable road users (pedestrians, cyclists etc..) and others (bus, truck occupants)
- crashworthiness (including compatibility) of future (light weight) vehicle designs
- influence of vehicle and equipment design on injury outcome
- biomechanics and protection in sports, blast, aviation and train accidents
Paper format and review process
- Full Conference Paper
To present a conference paper you must submit an abstract (download template below). The deadline for abstract submission is December 15th. All abstracts will be reviewed and authors of successful abstracts will be invited to prepare a draft paper (supplementary material may additionally be provided as a separate document where appropriate). A full conference paper will be 4-12 pages in length and will be included in the conference proceedings and published online after the conference. The draft manuscript and optional supplementary material are due by April 1 and will be subject to peer review. The final submission will be due by July 1. Successful manuscripts will be included in the conference proceedings and presented at the conference.
- Short Communication
This category of submission is aimed at attracting presentations on research which fits one of the following categories: (1) work in progress with at least preliminary results; (2) development of a biomechanics tool or novel methodology. Although these submissions are not required to be as complete as full papers, the short communication should show at least early results or evaluation of any novel tools or methodologies which can be presented for feedback and discussion. A 2-page submission, including tables, figures and references, is due by April 1 and is subject to peer review by two reviewers assigned by the Editorial Committee.
Publication scheme: All papers and short communications are published in the annual conference proceedings. The proceedings are distributed to the conference delegates. In addition all material is published on IRCOBI website shortly after the conference. Online publication also allows the inclusion of additional material such as data, diagrams, pictures and video sequences in an appendix. All online material is freely accessible and the full conference papers are indexed under SCOPUS and Engineering Index / Compendex. Authors are required to accept a license agreement that enables IRCOBI to publish the conference papers online.
To prepare your abstract, conference paper and/or a short communication, please use the templates and follow our style guidelines. Both are provided below.
Copyright license form and Publishing Ethics Guidelines which must be accepted when submitting the manuscript.
If you have problems downloading the templates, please get in touch (email@example.com).